Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cake #8 -Presleigh's Birthday Cake

I can't believe I forgot to post our cake last week...well actually I can.  It was Presleigh's birthday week - yes, week.  Her birthday was on the 1st - so we had presents in the morning, brought lunch at school, left early for an appointment (with AMC 30 to see Justin Bieber - who also was having a birthday on the 1st.  Cool, isn't it?!!), then dinner, cake #1 and more presents.   We planned a London themed birthday sleepover party for Friday with 7 sweet and silly 4th grade girls.  Cake #2 was actually ordered at one of the best bakeries here in the area.  But I digress...Here is our Cake #8...a Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting--It was an easy cake as we used a mix enhanced with the Cake Mix Doctor method.  As for the frosting, we cheated--it was store bought but oooh, so good!!  As always, the recipe will be on the page to the right.


Cake Mixes are great!  I am sure the women from the pre-mix era would have loved these!


My baby girl turned 10--time flies!  Savor every sweet moment!!!



Until next time,


Finding the Sweetness in Life,

1 comment:

  1. Presleigh was born on the lst of March?!!??!! ROFLOL I was born on the 4th of March!!!! Just one more thing that cosmically connects me to that dear sweet child of yours! Happy birthday little friend!!!! While I no longer celebrate my birthday very loudly (I tend to think that birthdays are for children and should be celebrated in a BIG way)I have to say I LOVE Red Velvet cake and salute your choice for cake #3!!!
    just me...sendin' birthday rockets your way sweetie...jan

    ReplyDelete